Start a new topic

What does “Expected status code in (200-299), got 400” error code means

Hi guys.

When I want to sync my PaperShip with Mendeley account I get this message "Expected status code in (200-299), got 400 {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"Invalid grant"}" and my files from Mendeley account are not synced. I deinstalled and reinstalled PaperSip and it did not help. Does anyone have idea what this message means and what can I do to solve this problem? 

Sincerely,

Senad

2 people have this problem

Hello Senad, and thank you for your feedback.

It’s hard to know what is going on exactly, just based on this error message. I would recommend that you sign out from the app, then log back in.

Please let us know if this problem persists.

Currently experiencing the same issue. Have tried logging out and back in, and re-installing/re-starting.

In my case, this error message "Expected status code in (200-299), got 400" was shown after:

1. Sync PaperShip with an existing Mendeley library

2. Annotate one of the PDF files with hand-writing mode

3. Before syncing back on PaperShip, add another article on Mendeley Desktop (Mac)

4. Sync Mendeley Desktop

5. Sync PaperShip

6. A duplicate (of the entry annotated on PaperShip) is found on PaperShip

7. Sync Mendeley Desktop

8. A duplicate (of the entry annotated on PaperShip) is found also on Mendeley

9. Merge the duplicated entry on Mendeley (Not delete, but merge) and sync Mendeley

10. Sync PaperShip

11. The duplicate entry persists on PaperShip

12. Try to delete the duplicate entry on PaperShip (the one that's newly created; which you can tell by the citation key. Delete the duplicate, not the original entry)

13. The duplicate is not deleted, and the error message is shown as a dialog

Login or Signup to post a comment