Start a new topic
Solved

Highlighting doesnt work very well...

the underline or highlight made by the ipad app is unsatisfing.

why?

because it make a discontinuous highlight or a full sentence...

so , that mean , instead of highlighting a continuous sentence it highlight words by words of a full sentence, this is not foolowing the standard of PDF editing and it go in contrast with how Mendeley and Zotero works....

i attach a file to show you the issue....

the first Yellow highlighting is what a PDF-Expert App make when highlight a full sentence.... then the Green highlighted sentence is made from within the Papership App on IPad....

the green highlight is very messy...

when i use the "extract annotation" option in Zotero , the Yellow on e come out very neat .... the green one(made inside the Papership IOS App come out very messy and with a letter by letter or word by word text on the note/annotation extracted...

try it on zotero....

i suppose the app is made for working in zotero so please FIX IT.

please i bought 9.99€ of app, and the app doesnt complain with any PDF standard around about highlighting or understroking a full sentence....

PLEASE FIX....

pdf

1 person has this problem

here is how the two annotation from the file are extracted...

the yellow one is the first (made by highlighting with PDF EXpert)

the green one is the second (made by highlighting with Papership app for IPAD)

jpg
(92.1 KB)
I'm also having problems with underlines and highlights. It seems to me that the problem is in the last update, because until 2015 highlights and underlines were working just fine. I'm sending attached an image with two underlines: the second, in black, was made in December 2015, and the first, in red, I made right now. The red is discontinuous and not uniform, while the black is perfect. People from support, please, help us! Is it possible to downgrade for the previous version? Thanks for your attention. All the best Lucas Massimo Email: lucasmassimo@gmail.com
png
(338 KB)

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of this issue, and it has been fixed with the next version of PaperShip. This update is currently being reviewed by Apple, and should be available on the App Store soon.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Dear Vincent, thank you very much for your kind attention (extensive by all PaperShip support team). I've downloaded the last update, and I'm happy to report that the problem were fixed. Now the highlights and underlines in my app are working as it was before.

Best regards

LM

My papership highlights do not show up in Mendeley, unless I download the paper and open it in adobe. Are other people having this problem? Can anything be done?

Just to clarify that the problem is only with highlights (underlining, annotations and scribbles with pencil work fine). I work on the ipad version

Login or Signup to post a comment