Start a new topic
Answered

What is the Inbox?

I have just set up Papership on my iPad, and downloaded my zotero library.  The library looks fine, but there is also an Inbox.  I can imagine a good reason to have an Inbox, but mine now has 100s of entries.  Is this everything I just downloaded from zotero?  Are these items already added to my Library, or do I have to move them manually?  If they're in my library already, how should I clear them out of my Inbox (i.e. if I Delete them in the Inbox, do they remain in the Library?).

Best Answer

Hello Dave,

A document automatically shows up in the “Inbox” when it doesn’t belong to any folder (a.k.a. Collection in Zotero parlance). You’ll find the same concept in the Zotero desktop application with the “Unfiled Items” menu item. With Mendeley, this is called “Unsorted”.

You can clear items out of your Inbox by moving them to at least one folder/collection.

Answer

Hello Dave,

A document automatically shows up in the “Inbox” when it doesn’t belong to any folder (a.k.a. Collection in Zotero parlance). You’ll find the same concept in the Zotero desktop application with the “Unfiled Items” menu item. With Mendeley, this is called “Unsorted”.

You can clear items out of your Inbox by moving them to at least one folder/collection.

I agree that this is an odd name for this feature.
Login or Signup to post a comment